Frequently Asked Questions
this page you will find all the answers to the most frequently asked questions. This is because we want to clarify all the details about Engedras Tour Operator, the web portal sicialae.com and about the reservations. For all further questions or further information concerning our services and our offers you can turn to our reservation center at this number 070454793 or to this e-mail address email@example.com
1. How can I book a holiday package to Sicily or a hotel, residence, villa or holiday house, a Farm Tourism or a B&B?
Booking your holiday is very easy. Once you choose an accommodation and you calculate an estimate, our booking system will make a green or yellow option appear. Shall the option be
green then the accommodation is immediately available and you will be able to buy it without getting in touch with our booking centre. You must only go through and choose the payment method you prefer: by credit card (Visa or Mastercard), by bank money transfer or by postal
order. You will be sent a confirmation of your holiday that you will be asked to pay entirely or with a 30 % deposit. In the first case you will be immediately sent the voucher and the invoice. Or, in the
second case, the travel documents will be sent after acquittance of the total amount., 30 days before arrival date.
Shall the option be yellow, then the availability is to be checked and you must only fill in the blanks with name, Family name , e-mail and telephone number and send the request through the internet. Once you receive a confirmation of availability you will be able to confirm your reservation and pay as above mentioned.
If you need to book your flights or ferry boats or a private transport to Sicily, our booking centre is at your disposal for arranging your journey as well. And even more. We can also offer to you an insurance for medical assistance, travel cancellation, road assistance, with Europe Assistance company.
2. What kind of payment methods do you accept for booking an accommodation or a holiday package in Sicily and what are the extra charges for each payment method (bank transfer or credit card commissions)?
You can pay for your holiday in Sicily anyway you prefer:
- By bank money transfer, (bank commissions are the expense of
the customer) to the following bank holder: Sardegne S.r.l., all details here
-By credit card Visa or Mastercard, with verified secure system by Visa and MasterCard, without charges if you buy straight on the internet through our portal. In case you send a request to our booking center then you will be charged a 1,5% extra commission on the total amount to be paid. I.E. On an amount of 1000 € you will be charged 1015 € in total.
- With PayPal, a secure system, by credit card Visa, Mastecard or PostePay. In this case as well if you buy straight on the internet though our portal, you will not be charged any extra commissions, on the contrary in case you send a request to our booking center then you will be charged a commission of 1.5% on the total amount..
- With postal order, to the following address: Sardegne Srl, Via San Benedetto, 88 - 09129 –Cagliari.
3. Why do I have to make a full payment before arrival?
A 30% deposit on the total amount is mandatory for ensuring your accommodation is definitely booked. In case of cancellations we will do our best to sell your accommodation avoiding cancellation penalty. Credit Cards are not accepted as security for your holiday.
4. I have a pet, where is she/he welcome?
Several accommodating facilities do accept small-size pets. Visit our website and you'll find a list
of accommodating facilities click here.
An extra charge for cleaning is often required.
5. What are the rules I have to abide by as customer and
you have to abide by as supplier of a tourist service?
Visit the dedicated page click here.
6. Can you help me choosing the most suitable place to spend a holiday in
Siciliae.com's service aims at meeting every customer's needs and choosing the kind of holiday is
fundamental. It is quite clear that the needs of surfing areas seekers in Sicily are different from the needs of calm sea and crystal clear waters seekers or for those looking for a cultural vacation in Sicily. Without a thorough knowledge of the territory, winds, atmosphere, is very easy to make a mistake. That's the reason why we suggest to contact our skilled and well-qualified operators at your disposal Monday to Friday from 9.a.m. To 7 p.m. And from February 2008 on seven days a week from 9 a.m. To 8 p.m. Once you book your holiday our operators will give you full support and will be at your disposal before, during and after the stay.
7. What are the flights and ferries to Sicily and how do transports work from/to Sicily?
In the section dedicated to transports in our website Siciliae.com you will find all information on transports from/to Sicily and all the information on how to move around.
8. What can I visit in Sicily apart from the beaches or seaside towns and cities?
There are thousands of things to do and see away from the beaches and summer tourism. Our mission is to make the tourists aware that two « Sicily » exist : seaside Sicily and far-away-from-the-sea Sicily that is to say the one of culture, archaeology and history, of food&wine traditions, of cultural heritage, of the cities, of the inner areas. Enter the section and you will find
9. In case of trouble at the arrival in Sicily, who can I turn to?
When you buy a holiday through Siciliae.com you do not have to worry: once arrived you won’t be left alone. Our operators will be at your disposal for any further need or problem, a change in the dates or whatever concerns your health. We wish nothing bad ever happens but just in case, be aware that our professionals are ready to help you.
10. Prices and rates I can see on siciliae.com are the lowest in the market? And the prices are those given or do I have to pay for any agency fees?
The prices you can find on Siciliae.com are the same as those of the accommodating facilities in Sicily. So you will never find lower prices than those on our website. It often happens to have discounts or great deals and you can find lower prices or special offers. Furthermore Siciliae.com doesn't have any agency fee, so if the price on the estimate is 1000 €, you will pay 1000 € (except for payments with credit card as mentioned at question n. 2)
11. Can I have the descriptions of the accommodating facilities in a printable format?
Of course you can. In each description you will find an icon of adobe Acrobat: you can click on it to download a Pdf file to be printed.